The purpose of the MFL Student Mentoring Scheme is to:
- highlight the benefits of learning a modern foreign language at GCSE, A-level and degree level.
- broaden the aspirations of learners by highlighting career and mobility opportunities available to those with language skills, such as working and studying abroad.
- raise expectations, improve motivation and strengthen the persistence and personal resilience of learners studying modern foreign languages.
- create sustainable links between higher education modern languages departments and partner secondary schools.
- offer classroom experiences and opportunities to modern foreign language undergraduate students, with a view to encouraging a greater number to consider teaching a modern foreign language.
- to provide engagement between University students and the local community to provide enriching experiences for both.